Monday, July 23, 2007

Potty training woes

Wendy:Mr. T, Let's try to go potty now.

T: Okay, Mommy. (runs to the bathroom)

Wendy: Hop up on the potty and try to go.

T: Can I stick my hand in the potty?

Wendy: no, the potty is not for your hands, it's just to go pee-pee and poo-poo.

T: Can I get the pee-pee? (as he starts to reach into the potty)

Wendy: NO, Honey, just sit down and try to go pee-pee.

T: It's broken (as he points down at himself)

Wendy: No, it's not broken. When you need to go pee-pee you will be able to. Just come in here to go.

T: Can I stick my hand in the potty?

And so the conversation went...
Then he made a "whishing" sound effect and announced very excitedly that he had gone pee-pee. (He hadn't) Hmmm... this is my third time around with the potty, so you'd think I'd have this down by now. My Mom claims that she just put us in long dresses and told us not to pee on them, and that was the extent of her potty training. I believe her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can assure you now that you will win this battle! It may take a while longer, but I am CONFIDENT that the boy will be potty trained..... someday =) Hang in there.