Monday, July 23, 2007

Baby Boom

In lighter and more upbeat news, my sister gave birth to a beautiful little girl today. Jules said it was an incredibly easy delivery. She was dilated to a 10 and ready to push about an hour before her doctor could make it out of surgery. So she played poker with her husband to pass the time... while she was completely dilated! Craziness! It's a good thing the doctor got there when he did because she was about to take all of Adam's chips! ;-) That's one dedicated poker player!

After just 1 1/2 pushes (YES, that's what I said!), baby S arrived. Yeah for the miracle of childbirth. It just amazes me every time, to see those precious little fingers and toes, and a beautiful red little puckered face. So sweet.

I didn't actually get to hold my new little niece. She had just been taken for a bath and foot prints, etc when I got there, and I couldn't stay long. I did get to see her in the nursery, from a distance, and I looked through all of the photos on Jules's camera. Anyway, I'm excited for them!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Julie! and to you =)