Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm Broken tonight

I really don't even know what to write. I'm tired from crying. I'm just not okay tonight. But who cares? About me, that is. I'm not what matters. I love my Mimi.
Mimi, I love you so much.Friends, I'm asking you to continue to pray. Pray for healing. Pray for peace. Pray for support. And for protection while I travel. And for my family while I'm gone. But especially for peace.
Psalm 29: 11 The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace.

From my Papaw:
Well, brethren, the news is not good tonight. And a lot of you have already heard by telephone or word-of-mouth that we got the results this afternoon of Minnie's PET Scan. The pancreatic cancer has returned and this time it is not operable. We will discuss her options with the radiologist on Tuesday. Radiology will not cure cancer; it may delay it and make some of the symptoms more endurable. When I asked the oncologist this afternoon how much longer she has, he told me there was no way to know. It could spread very rapidly or if it is more localized, the radiology might slow it down and a year from now see what we are faced with. She is so thankful for this past year the Lord gave her since finishing chemo last January. She was able to see both Cheryl & Jeannine's family in Arkansas in May including all 8 of the great-grandchildren. Timothy and Jon both visited her at home and she got to see her family in Texas in November. Minnie is thankful she was able to finish quilts for all of the great-grandchildren, including the three who will be born this spring. That's a total of 11 great-grandchildren and how blessed we are--and she made two more baby quilts for the next two that we believe the Lord will give us.
Minnie has the Lord's peace in her heart and she has told many people that the Lord "doeth all things well." He has His reasons for what He does and she looks forward to seeing our Lord and her parents and sister who are already in heaven ahead of her. But it is so painful for her to leave the large family here and friends and so many who love her so much. "To depart and be with Christ is far better," but the pain of separation requires special grace from the Lord. But "He gives us more grace" and has promised, "My grace is sufficient for you." I am reminded of Job's words, "Should we accept only good from God and not adversity?" Job 2:10 HCSB
So we live one day at a time and thank God for it and say, "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." There may be many more days ahead than we think and for that we will be thankful.
Trusting in our Lord to work all things together for good,
Bill & Minnie Burnside

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, prayers already spoken & hugs sent your way.

Ms Debbie said...

Wendy - I am going through this with my mom right now. Cancer is such a rollarcoaster. I am praying for you.