Saturday, August 29, 2009

Visiting the past

We spent most of today at Har-Ber Village, visiting the past. I love history, antiques, and stories about what once was.

Don't you feel blessed to live in this day and age?
Yikes-- these were their medical instruments and "mouth gag."
Here we have the old Har-Ber school house.
The desks inside look just like ours!

I love this bell and the sign...
Amen. Let's do our best to preserve our country for future generations.
Oh, I have so much to say about that
later.

The "stuffed animals." Yes, some are rather scary looking!!
Then home to finish up some work on the chicken's nesting box, clean out the van, play with the kids, pick up a cake, and dash off to my folks' house for Ethan's second birthday celebration. This was another just-family-gathering, but with extended family this time.
My beautiful, sweet-spirit little 8-year old
In other news, my darling hen Victoria laid an egg while free-ranging today.
Is it weird to say that I love my hens?



4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We like to go to Harbor Village too. It is just a different kind of place.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

You know, I've never been to Harber Village but there are things there from my family. Bernice Jones was a personal friend of my maternal grandmother and my maternal grandaddy worked for the old Jones Truck Lone (JTL). One of my favorite pictures of him (I never met him, he passed before I was born) was of him standing beneath a truck he was working on.
You've inspired me to visit next time I'm home. I'm sure my mom would love to go with me!

I agree wholeheartedly about preserving our country and also preserving the memories and stories of the older generation for our children and their children.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

I ment to say Jones Truck Line!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh, my girls would love this! By the way, we are "neighbors"- and fellow home schoolers!:) How fun to find your blog! Lori