Monday, November 16, 2009

More things to make!

I made that goal, to post a homemade item every day until Christmas, and then I promptly dropped the ball. Sorry. We took off to Branson for the weekend.

73 degrees and beautiful the entire time.

So, to get back on track, I'll show you several things that I've done lately. I had five hours in the passenger seat of the van this weekend. I made several hats, but also did some beading:
Simple, simple stuff. Buy beads and stretchy jewelry string. Get some cute embellishments or charms. Hobby Lobby often has them on sale for 5-15 cents each. Design and string.

I also made more pillow cases for The Nature Man and The Artist.
The next thing isn't really a homemade Christmas gift. But you could make it and give it or give it and then make it with your child of choice. :-) I love educational gifts!!
This was a mud clock kit that we bought on sale.
We had fun putting it together and reading about how it works.
(Yes, I built clocks instead of unloading the van. heh heh)
Click to enlarge, and read about the clock. :-)

Enjoy your homemade Christmas making!

1 comment:

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

I love that pic of you and Fred. I'm glad you guys had a good time!

The things you're making look great. And the mud clock is cool!