Saturday, February 6, 2010

Exploring new creative paths

I've had some amazing and unusual experiences lately that are certainly helping the healing process, and also inspiring me to become more of who I am. I want to be the best version of myself, and fully develop the talents and gifts that God has given me, both artistically and through motherhood... and all other facets. Tall order.

On Thursday night I went to my first-ever ballet class. Gotta hand it to those ballerinas-- they work for their physique and flexibility!! If I'd known so many lunges would be involved, my running and racquetball afternoon regimen would have been postponed. Ballet is such a beautiful artistic expression, and I'm thrilled to be involved in a class now!

Then, last night, I went with Rochelle to a Living Room Session. I don't have the words to do justice to my feelings (I am not a writer!) Being surrounded by art and artists, musicians and actors is invigorating. It opens up places in my brain. I feel such awe and wonder at watching people create, and seeing the artists behind the art.

Just amazing acrylic paintings on book covers

Below, a combined effort canvas...


Amazing portrait of a young girl (wish I could remember what this painting was actually titled.)

This photo I took of Lasater's painting doesn't even compare to how it looks in person.

These people were not only exceptionally gifted, but also encouraging and thought-provoking. It's as if their energy and creativity flow right out of them, and over everyone nearby. And, as I was lying in bed last night, trying to calm my energetic brain, I realized that there are just people that touch a life (often inadvertently) and change the course of it forever. For me, artists and musicians are those people.

I hesitate sharing my own artwork, and then kick myself for holding back. This quote comes to mind:

"What would you dare to accomplish if you knew the only possible outcome was success?"

Well, by gosh, I would attempt more, reach farther, try harder, share with others, and take more joy in the process. Today is never too late to start.

Check out the Living Room Session's flickr photostream for more pictures.

No comments: