Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks & Making Felt Flower Headbands!

We had a wonderful meal with Papaw at his house, on Thanksgiving Day. He made ham, double duchess potatoes, homemade bread, salad, pies... so much good food. We talked about and remembered Mimi. I'm finding that I can miss her terribly, but think about her now without feeling sad. We have so many wonderful memories.... So very much to be thankful for.

After supper, we made cinnamon rolls and the played with the kids while the bread rose...

and read lots of stories, of course.

On Black Friday we avoided the stores, as if they were a plague, and gathered at Mom and Dad's house, with my sisters and their families for the big event. The meal was amazing! Thank you, Mom, for so much hard work and incredible food.

Excuse our bad manners.

(Green beans hanging from my mouth, and turkey from Fred's. mmmm) Then off to the park. It was freeeeezing, but they ran off some energy and went back a bit calmer.

Plus it gave the guys some football bonding time. ;)

Love this one. My LittleLad cowboy strolling along with his great-grandfather, hand in hand.

And now, because this is super-long-post-time, I'll go ahead and share my felt flower projects. While Fred and I watch movies at night, I do laundry and then sew.
It's our evening routine lately.

I handsew them, and add pins to the back of my flowers, so they'll be interchangeable on
jackets, headbands, shoes, what have you.

This is the one I'm wearing to Cooking Club tonight.

Ta Ta, my dears! Hoping and praying that your household stays warm and safe,
full of thanks and joy,
creativity and excitement!

1 comment:

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

I love those headbands! So pretty!
That pic of you and Fred eating is great.