Monday, December 13, 2010

Pay It Forward Babysitting, and more Art Therapy

If you read my recent post about my 3-year old, you'll know that I needed a break. We ALL needed a break. He's a GREAT kid (they all are,) but we were sandpapering each other. Rub, rub, scratch, scratch, grrrriiiiind.

Often it's those IN the mud of the situation that can't see how to get OUT. I could-should- have called off school for a day. Or packed them up and carted them off to Fun City. Or any number of things that might have helped us. But I just kept plugging along instead, doing some tweaks...but never asking for help or getting us out of the house. All of that changed, though, when a dear friend of mine sent me an email asking for my kids.

Yeah. Even after my last posts about them driving me nuts. She simply has the sweetest heart, full of genuine love and care. She knew I needed a break, and offered to take my four for four free hours of drop-the-kids-off-and-get-out-of-here. I'm not big on asking for help. You know, 'cus I'm awesome and all, and I can do it all, all by myself, all the time. ( uh, huh *cough*)

My gosh, you'd better believe I packed up my precious munchkins and dropped them off at her house, where they had a fabulous time, and I had a nice long break (well, mostly housework, but that felt good!) I had a chance to miss them. After four solid hours of quiet, I was prepared to resume Normal.

Glorious silence. And then glorious laughs filled the house again. My, that gift of time was just what the doctor ordered.
Elizabeth, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

I never guessed I'd have such a full plate in life, that requires so much physical and mental energy from early morning until late at night. I never knew that I would have so many children to get ready every day, school every day...(Thank you Lord, that I do). Sunlight and outdoor time rejuvenates me, and I'm sorely lacking that in the winter. Still trying to find good ways to cope. Breaks, yes. Also exercise, which is lacking. Plus I've been replacing my normal diet of mostly fruits and veggies with LOTS of carbs. Maybe not the best mix, all in all. Must do better.

Anywho, tomorrow I get to pay it forward to another friend, and I'm excited about that! Goes to show what the example of one person can do!

And now, Artwork #4 and #5. I'm on a permanent-marker-on-book-pages kick, as you can see. I do fully intend to go back and paint some or all of these later. And reopen my etsy soon. Someday. And sell art. Maybe. We'll see...

(don't even try to read the text-- I need to choose my pages more carefully, I think. *snort*)

"Wise for his age"

"Meh"
(shan, that title is for you. Because I knew you'd looove it. ;) heh.)


5 comments:

Mom of 7 said...

Oh wow, I think that is the most awesomest friend ever!!

Bethany said...

My goodness, I love "wise for his age"- have you considered starting an etsy shop for your art? or do you already have one and I'm just missing it?

Elizabeth said...

Wendy. You have blessed me with your kind words. Just be assured that I did not see a rascally Oliver. Can't believe that you already paid if forward. You have precious kiddos.

Harmony said...

Good for you for getting a break. We all need those now and then. Even the best Super Mom's need a chance to recuperate from the craziness that life brings.
I absolutely love your latest drawings on book pages. It makes me want to draw and paint on book pages!!
http://unleashingcreativitywithin.blogspot.com

Shan said...

Heeheehee! :D