Saturday, May 28, 2011

Garden Progress in late May

Remember my cinder block garden, shoe rack garden etc? It's time for a progress report.


Below, cilantro and chives, from seed! I'd never tried it before and, honestly, I think I'll stick to plants next time. I had to replant seeds once because of flooding.



Blueberries



Front flower bed. My friends on facebook helped identify these as Campanula 'Pink Chimes.'




Tomatoes and cauliflower in the veggie garden. Plus a missing frisbee. See it? I planted some heirloom tomatoes from seed (and they're about 5 inches tall now) but these Better Boy tomato plants were bought at Aldi's.



Chile peppers



And an update on the shoe rack plants!

Below, my beets are thriving. :)


This is edamame.



Also planted in the shoe rack: cilantro, parsley, dill, basil, marigolds...

and some other stuff, that I've now forgotten. ;)


5 comments:

J.A. Martin said...

Looks wonderful! I wish I had a green thumb. :-)

S. Davis said...

beautiful!

"chile" peppers - ha!

Wendy said...

chile- oops! I see why spellcheck didn't catch that! ;)

Soaring High said...

Gardening makes me giddy. I love to watch it grow and progress.

Amy R. Ha said...

Your cilantro is bigger than mine that I planted from seed, even though you replanted yours! I think I'll stick to plants next time as well.

How cool is it that you're growing edamame? I'll answer: VERY. Love that stuff. Please serve it at a game night soon.

(p.s. Let's plan a game night on Mom and Dad's awesomely re-done third floor!)